Meet our Staff
Our mission is to know Jesus Christ, and to make him known.
To reach people for the Lord Jesus Christ. To establish every believer in the Word of God, a personal daily walk with Jesus and in the experience and process of entire sanctification: as well as equipping the committed for ministries of evangelism and nurture.
Our Core Values
- We believe that biblical teaching leads to transformed lives.
- We believe that fellowship and community are a reflection of godly relationships.
- We believe compassion and hospitality communicate Christ's love.
- We believe inspiring worship connects people to God.
- We believe that people matter to God and therefore, should matter to us.
- We believe in remaining doctrinally pure and culturally relevant.
- We believe that full devotion to Christ and His cause is normal for every believer.
Our history as a congregation is intertwined with the history of this young denomination. Several groups from north, south, east, and west joined hands in Pilot Point, Texas in 1908 to form a new denomination. The new group promoted both inward and outward holiness and was in the lead in affirming the role of women in ministry. The earliest record of a group of Nazarenes in Coeur d'Alene goes back to 1912 at the base of Tubb's Hill.
The story of a continuous congregation in Coeur d'Alene goes back to 1941, when Lyle Robinson came as the first pastor. Since then, many faithful ministers have served our congregation. Our current pastor, Mark McWhorter, joined us in November of 2016. Mark served in this congregation from 1999-2006 as youth and associate pastor before heading to neighboring Post Falls where he was senior pastor for 10 years. The location of the congregation moved from 11th and Pennsylvania to 4th and Kathleen.
Over the years the local church has influenced the denomination through pastors that became missionaries, one general superintendant, and many Work and Witness projects that partnered with congregations in Guatemala, Bolivia, Israel, Ecuador, and Mozambique.
Today our church is purposeful about introducing people to a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ. However, the successful Christian life is a life-long journey marked by increasing growth and transformation as God works on a daily basis in our lives. Our church offers opportunities for children, teens, and adults to develop a relationship with God and to make a difference in our community and our world by living out lives of influence and good.
- We believe in one God-the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.